Re: [AMBER] centos 7 install Ambertools20 error, final link failed: Bad value

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 06:18:29 +0000

I just recently compiled Amber18 and AmberTools19 on Centos7. Trying to build using the most recent versions of gcc and openmpi (10.1.0 and 4.0.3) produced error in some way relating to “lapack” for me as well (did not save the output).

Rather than trying to figure out how to solve this problem I reverted to using the same set of compilers I use on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (gcc7 and OpenMPI 2.1.1) and the compile and tests ran and finished without errors.

I have no idea what is causing this issue. I have not put any energy into finding out why right now as I needed a working installation right away. However, checking the configure file I realise that the tested versions of gnu compilers are listed as 4.8.4 +, I am not completely sure what the + indicates regarding upper limit of tested versions though I suspect this might have something to do with the observed issues.

At some point in time I will try to dig into this and probably try to recompile using intel compilers (icc/ifort) as these have been tested for 12-17 and as far as I can see, 17 is the latest available version.

Hope this helps
// Gustaf