Re: [AMBER] ff14SBonlysc + OPC3

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 20:21:48 -0400

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 2:34 PM Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy> wrote:

> You are right Daniel, there is clearly no need for such parameter... however leap demands it in other cases (e.g. cyclopropane)... so there must be a magic hand behind such selectivity as the info isn't defined in frcmod files...

Indeed! If you look at the LEaP source code you will find the
following function (I love the comment!):

/*
 * zbUnitIgnoreAngle
 *
 * Author: Christian Schafmeister (1991)
 *
 * This is an ungodly hack that checks if the types are defining
 * an angle interaction between HW-HW-OW. If they are then return TRUE
 * this will cause the code to ignore this interaction.
 * This will allow LEAP to handle TIP3 waters.

The function also has some logic to handle extra points stuff.
(Honestly, what a workhorse LEaP has been!).

-Dan