Re: [AMBER] ff14SBonlysc + OPC3

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 13:54:28 -0400

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, Carlos Simmerling wrote:

>source leaprc.protein.ff14SBonlysc
>source leaprc.water.opc
>loadamberparams frcmod.opc3
>x=loadpdb system.gas.pdb
>solvateoct x OPC3BOX 10

Problem that I see is that this gets you ions built for tip4pew, which
we have argued are appropriate for OPC, but not for OPC3.

I think (untested!) that if you replace "leaprc.water.opc" with
"leaprc.water.tip3p" you'll get ions that are better optimized for opc3,
(and still get the same results for a protein + water that has no ions.)

I think we have to follow Dan's advice, and construct a
leaprc.water.opc3 file that does the right thing. But we might want to
wait to look at the newly optimized ion parameters that Matias Machado
has developed.

....dac