Re: [AMBER] Ligand movement w.r.t protein backbone

From: Debarati DasGupta <debarati_dasgupta.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 16:24:30 +0000

Hello Daniel,
So if you may help me in understanding whats the difference in the 2 RMSD txt files I generate here! SO I get 2 outputs as can be seen namely backbond_aligned_RMSD.txt and lig_probb_rmsd.txt. SO what is the difference in outputs I get from them?
Its funny that I wrote the input file and then I am a bit lost as to what data gets generated
I am trying to monitor the movement of my ligand (IPA) wrt the protein backbone in a 20ns trajectory.

parm post_processed_IPA_solvated.prmtop
trajin post_processed_IPA_solvated_prod.mdcrd 1 last
center mass origin :1-287
image origin center
reference post_processed_IPA_solvated_box_SITE1.pdb
strip :WAT
strip :Na+
rms reference mass out backbond_aligned_RMSD.txt :3-286.CA,C,N,O
rms IPA_site1 :IPA&!.H= nofit mass out lig_probb_rmsd.txt
go