Re: [AMBER] Amber20 update failure on RHEL7/CentOS7

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 15:05:53 -0400

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020, Peng Wang wrote:

>In our testing of Amber20, we found that amber_update will give an error
>on RHEL7 & CentOS7 systems:
>
>./update_amber --update
>NoInternetAccess: Cannot connect to https://ambermd.org/

>I added a "print(str(err))" to the "has_internet_access" function in downloader.py and got:
>
><urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:579)>
>
>So this looks like a SSL certification issue on Amber server for RHEL7 & CentOS 7.

cc-ing to Jason, who is the one who will know what to do. As a bandaid,
you can change "https" to "http" where the former occurs in the
updateutils folder. That will establish a non-encrypted connection, and
should allow you to access updates. But I'm hoping we can find a better
solution.

...thanks for the report....dac