Re: [AMBER] Parameters for Implicit Membrane in MMPBSA.py

From: Li,Haoxi <hl2500.chem.ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 21:41:35 +0000

Hi Dr. Luo,

Thank you for the suggestions! I tried a few things, and can I ask some follow up questions?

I performed autoimage and extracted the coordinates of N and P atoms of the lipid head groups with pytraj. Then, the thickness and Z-coordinate of the center of the membrane were calculated according to |N+P+ − N−P−| method from the paper.

1. Should I just set the calculated Z-coordinate of the membrane center to mctrdz keyword, or the relative distance between the membrane and protein centers? If I need to calculate the location of protein center, is it just the mean of Z-coordinates of the protein atoms, or the center of mass?

2. Since the thickness and center were calculated with the autoimaged trajectory, the same trajectory should be used to do the free energy calculation, right?

3. Is 2 reasonable for the fillratio keyword for a protein-ligand system?

4. Do you know the default value of mprob in Amber 16, I couldn’t find this parameter in the manual.

5. In nmode entropy calculation, what is a reasonable value for the distance-dependent dielectric constant (dielc) for a membrane protein system?

6. To optimize the parameter settings of MMPBSA calculation for my system, I need to calibrate the parameters by comparing the computational results with the actual experimental results, right?

Thank you so much!

Best wishes,
Haoxi