Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py error

From: Tony Yang <tony.tony.tc>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 11:48:25 +0100

Hi Tran,

The error is caused by not decoding the error message properly. If you add one line
            out = out.decode("utf-8”)
after `if calc_failed:` in your calculation.py file under (/Users/lib/python3.6/site-packages/MMPBSA_mods/), likely to be line 429.

Run this again would give you the proper error message output and you can see what was wrong with your calculations.

In terms of the exact error causing the original error report, it was because of a non-standard residue that was not in the optimised radii database. Adding radiopt=0 to the PB namelist fixed our error (see the manual for details regarding radiopt).

Hope this helps :)

Best wishes,
Tony