Re: [AMBER] MCPB.py problem to make step 1 works

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 11:30:37 -0400

Hi Barak,

The atom names in your PDB file and mol2 file do not match with each other. There should be a one-to-one match for these atom names in the PDB and mol2 files.

In the GD-MD2.pdb file, inside the UNL residue, you have multiple atoms share the same atom name, while in your UNL.mol2 file each atoms have different atom names.

You need to have your PDB file with each atom inside a certain residue has a different atom name, and these atom names should correctly match the atom names inside the corresponding mol2 file(s), in order to prevent MCPB.py falsely recognizing them.

Hope it helps,
Pengfei