Re: [AMBER] help with building an amino acid based surfactant molecule

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 11:20:24 -0400

It looks like you're missing the cross terms between gaff and the protein
force field. This would be expected when you combine 2 force fields in the
same molecule, which is what you said you want to do so at least part part
seems to have gone properly. Next you would need to prepare those boundary
terms manually, I am not aware of a tool to do it (others on the list may
have tools....). In general combining 2 force fields is a more advanced
method since they don't know how to talk to each other at the boundary.