Re: [AMBER] CHARMM Forcefield in Amber - which barostat and ntp to use?

From: Amanda Buyan <Amanda.Buyan.anu.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 00:10:15 +0000

Hi David,

The only thing I found in the Amber mailing list archive was the link here:

http://archive.ambermd.org/201704/0072.html

In the middle, when the input file is given, it says to use barostat=1 with ntp=3 in the comments section. I'm unsure why this would be, and unsure why you can't use barostat=2 with ntp=3. I may go with what Batuhan suggested and use the Berendsen theromostat for equilibration with CHARMM, but let me know if you think this is a mistake!

Cheers,
Amanda