Re: [AMBER] defining a progress variable to be the z-component of some atom or group of atoms?

From: Gerardo Zerbetto De Palma <g.zerbetto.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 23:26:19 -0300

Hi! I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but in page 537 of
Amber reference manual it says:

fxyz

If iat(3)=0 and igr1 and/or igr2 is defined then it is possible to weight
the x, y, z components of
the force in the restraint to 0 (no force) or 1 (full restraint force). Ex:
fxyz=0, 0, 1. This sets
no additional restraint force on the x component or y-component of the
restraint force, and full z-
component restraint force. Default fxyz=1,1,1. Note: When setting fxyz, the
r1, r2, r3, r4 values
should be set relative to a weighted distance q
(wx ∗ dx)
2 + (wy ∗ dy)
2 + (wz ∗ dz)
2
, so if fxyz=0,0,1
then the only distance taken into account when comparing to r1,r2,r3,r4 is
the z distance between
the molecule and the center of mass. Note that the DUMPAVE value when
outxyz=0 is also just the
weighted distance.

Hope it helps!
Gera!