Re: [AMBER] defining a progress variable to be the z-component of some atom or group of atoms?

From: Goetz, Andreas <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 02:01:59 +0000

Hi Dave,

This can be done with PLUMED. I have recently seen that the Amber development version has a working interface for pmemd.

I have used PLUMED with sander before to compute the PMF for pulling n2o5 out of a liquid water slab (see https://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c8cp03022g). Below is the PLUMED input for putting umbrella potentials at <DIST> along the z-component of the COM distance between two groups of atoms:

UNITS LENGTH=A ENERGY=kcal/mol TIME=fs
nox: COM ATOMS=1-7 NOPBC
wat: COM ATOMS=8-4103 NOPBC
d3: DISTANCE ATOMS=wat,nox COMPONENTS