Re: [AMBER] Charge distribution in molecule

From: Horn, Anselm <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 07:37:51 +0000

Dear Aashish,

if I understood correctly you have an amino acid like moiety that is inserted into the residue chain via standard peptide bonds. Your approach is generally correct. However, you have to make sure that the blocking groups ACE and NME have a total charge of 0, and maybe you even would like to constrain the atomic charges of the peptide group elements of your residue to some amino acid-like ones.
-> You need to define charge constraints to ensure that your new residue has a total charge of -1 when the blocking groups are omitted.

(Please see the tutorials on the R.E.D. server pages and also consult the Amber tutorials for that.)

Best regards,

Anselm