Re: [AMBER] make install errors

From: Alen Ahmetovic <alen2.mail.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 18:34:49 -0400

Hai,

I think the amber site is down because the link you gave plus trying to go
onto the site from google gave a server error... Anyways, I deleted all
amber folders I had (including old install of amber 12 (not sure if this is
relevant or not)) and tried to install again.

Here is the full log in the attached file, minus the tar command for
ambertools19.tar and the following output, as to make this more bearable to
read (it tarred fine from what I can tell):
 Below are the important segments that I had to "intervene" in:

after configure failed the first time:

------ I use these commands to solve the exception: dst exists

alen.DESKTOP-9902UPO:/mnt/c/Users/Alen/Documents/Research/amber18$ sudo apt
install attr
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
attr is already the newest version (1:2.4.47-2).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 119 not upgraded.
alen.DESKTOP-9902UPO:/mnt/c/Users/Alen/Documents/Research/amber18$ setfattr
-n system.wsl_case_sensitive -v 1
/mnt/c/Users/Alen/Documents/Research/amber18/

---The install part starts from after my command to "make install", the
beginning part was cut off because my terminal window doesn't let me look
that far back:

It failed in the same place it did previously with the same error. To
piggyback off it this, that is why I had miniconda3 installed. I was trying
to get the proper program installed following directions on github, it told
me to install conda as this was the preferred method to get the program.
Please refer to this link:
https://amber-md.github.io/pytraj/latest/installation

Just as a side note, I didn't tar the actual amber18.tar file, I read
somewhere it will do it automatically in install or test if everything goes
right, butr I can't find it now to reference it, so I may be wrong.. Can
you confirm this? Could this be a possible source of error as to why
install won't get passed the pytraj part?

Thanks so much,

Alen