Re: [AMBER] Combining sevaral frcmods into single file

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 12:20:28 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Viktor,

There isn't, and I think there are very good reasons for that...

Which is the difference for you between combining (merge) and loading one after another?

Both cases require a rule or intelligence for that, because checking for consistency and possible unwanted overwriting depends on you own needs... hence, you can't expect a machine to do it for you in the way you want... there is no way to foresee error-prone issues... At least, the "overwriting rule" assure you the latest read parameters are the active ones...

Just to give you an example, GROMACS is deprecating some import features at the topology level because it is impossible to account for any custom situation... if such a flexible package is going on that direction, well that should mean something...

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]