Re: [AMBER] Testing New Parameters For a Novel boron Force Field.. is my advisors' strange approach true?

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 04:44:18 -0700

Boron as an ion in water will be parameterized differently than in a
molecule.

   - in fact, nonbonded params will be different for each water model

   - charge will be integer +1..+3

Since you are comparing to Na, I'd assume you should have charge set to
+1, but since water doesn't 'see' it, I suspect you accidentally left it
as 0, since you didn't have to fit charge for a molecule.

/The dog did nothing in the night-time./

--Sherlock Holmes