Re: [AMBER] AccelleratedMD production

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:59:37 -0400

Your GPU is very old, and the out of memory problem means just that: there
is not enough memory on the card. If your system has more than a few
hundred thousand atoms, this is going to happen on those old cards. A
newer GTX-1080Ti, Titan-V, or RTX card will handle any system that tleap
can generate (up to a few million atoms) just fine. If you have only 680
residues, the issue might be that your complex is very spread out or
unfolded.

If you're stuck with that old card, there are still things you can try. A
single 680 residue globular protein will typically fit in a water box of
150k atoms. You might be able to switch to an octahedral box (rebuild in
tleap) and save a little bit of volume that way. Otherwise, look at how
much water you're trying to place around the whole thing and how far the
complex is separated at the beginning of the run.

Dave