Re: [AMBER] Amber installation error

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 08:35:33 -0400

Hi,

The configure from amber 14 is not compatible with the configure from
amber 18/AmberTools 19. Your best bet here is probably to install
Amber14 and AmberTools 19 separately. First install Amber14 with
AmberTools 14, e.g.

tar -jxf AmberTools14.tar.bz2
tar -jxf Amber14.tar.bz2
cd amber14
export AMBERHOME=`pwd`
./configure <your options>
make install
cd ..

Then install AmberTools 19 separately.

tar -jxf AmberTools19.tar.bz2
cd amber18
export AMBERHOME=`pwd`
./configure <your options>
source amber.sh
make install

You can then use pmemd from the amber14 directory and everything else
from the amber18 directory. Since pmemd doesn't need AMBERHOME set,
you can safely have AMBERHOME point to the amber18 directory.

Hope this helps,

-Dan