Re: [AMBER] Radgyr or distance averages

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 11:03:21 -0400

Hi,

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 11:24 PM Reber, David <David.Reber.empa.ch> wrote:
> If I calculate the radius of gyration or atom-atom distances for one particular molecule in my trajectory I obtain values I would expect.
> e.g. my 9-atom anion called FSI(resid 1) "radgyr :1 out ***.dat mass tensor" yields something like 1.9 Angstrom.
> If I select all the molecules of a certain type I get values that are approximately half the box size:
> "radgyr :FSI out ***.dat mass tensor" yields ca. 20 Angstrom.

So as you are seeing, by default the atom masks in these commands
apply to all atoms. That is, something like :WAT for 'radgyr' will
calculate the radius of gyration of *all* water molecules in your
system. So what you would need to do is create a loop over whatever
molecules/residues, then calculate the average. So something like this
should work:

parm myparm.parm7
trajin mytraj.nc
for residues R0 inmask :FSI i=1;i++
  radgyr rg$i $R0
done
avg oversets rg* name AvgRg out AvgRg.dat
run

If you want the individual radius of gyration values for each residue,
just add 'out rg.dat' or something to the 'radgyr' command. Hope this
helps,

-Dan