Re: [AMBER] Simulating Water Exchange to Buried Binding Sites

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 11:14:06 -0300 (UYT)

I'm adding a follow up question...

Is this new feature implemented on AMABER in a general way so that other solvent molecules than atomistic water can be exchanged with the solvent?

I'm asking this because solvation is a big issue when building and equilibrating big and complex systems like viral particles or membrane proteins (to mention a few). This issue is even magnified in case of coarse-grained models, which granularity prevents for the correct initial solvation, but are needed for overcoming the computational demand. In this regard, some alternative strategies like self-protein/membrane assemble by Samson et al. [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.str.2015.05.006] have been developed, still such approach may not be suitable for all systems.

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory/]
[http://www.sirahff.com]