Re: [AMBER] metal parameters

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 17:39:29 -0400

Dear Fabian,

If you just want to simulate the dynamics of the complex of DNA and cyclen-Cu(II)-H2O, as Marcelo suggested, MCPB.py can be used to parameterize the cyclen-Cu(II)-H2O first. There is an example about parameterizing an organometallic compound system using MCPB.py, which can be found in the SI of the MCPB.py paper: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jcim.5b00674 <https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jcim.5b00674>.

If you want to study real catalysis of the system (breaking or forming chemical bonds), QM/MM simulation is necessary, but before you doing that you can use the classical molecular dynamics to equilibrate the system. And for generating the classical force field, you can use MCPB.py to parameterize the cyclen-Cu(II)-H2O complex as well.

Hope it helps,
Pengfei