Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA

From: Prabir Khatua <prabir07chem.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 00:46:23 -0500

Hi Elvis,

I do not understand what want to mean by all the ligands bound to receptor
simultaneously. I want to calculate binding free energy of a hexamer.
However, I have simulated trajectory of the hexamer (complex in my case)
only. Thus, I want to define one monomer as receptor and rest of the five
monomers as five ligands considering the fact that the monomers bind one
after another to form hexamer. Thus, the binding free energy that I am
looking for should be

Del G = G_hexa-G_mon1-G_mon2-G_mon3-G_mon4-G_mon5 -G_mon5

However, I did not find a way to define multiple ligands and hence, I am
not getting the right value of binding free energy as far as the process of
hexamer formation is concerned. I hope I have made the problem clear to
you. Please let me know if I answered your query and help me to sort
out the problem.

Thank you so much,

Prabir