[AMBER] A confused question about calculate the binding free energy from MMPBSA.py

From: bjyx20090941 <bjyx20090941.163.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 20:29:53 +0800 (CST)

Dear amber:
    I have a confused question about calculate the binding free energy from MMPBSA.py.

 Recently, I am learning how to calculate the binding free energy of receptor-ligand complex in solvated environment with MMPBSA module. And now I am repeating the example of ras-raf complex in amber tutorial. But I am confused by the result as follows due to the different versions of amber, such in tutorial the result is came from amber10,and my result is come from amber16.

       I found that some parameters have changed as default values, example parameters of inp and radiopt. I have compared the results in listed:

Table 1.The average binding free energy without entropy effect of 50 frames from different amber versions (kcal/mol£©

Amber10(yours)

Amber16(me)

Different parameter

ipb=1,

inp=1, radiopt=0

ipb=2,

inp=2, radiopt=1

¦¤Emm

-1025.4769

-1060.0425

¦¤EPB

946.4251

978.3053

¦¤ENpolar/Cavity

-7.3062

-51.5872

¦¤Edisper

--

102.4891

¦¤Gbinding (no ¦¤S)

-86.3579

-30.8353

In your results, the binding of ras_raf complex is favored although this is not real binding free energy.

| | | |
| | |
While I have done a test for choosing different parameters in amber16 with 5 frames as following:
Table 2£ºThe average binding free energy with entropy effect of 5 frames from amber16 by choose different parameters (kcal/mol£©

Inp=0

Inp=1

Inp=2

Radiopt=0

Radiopt=1

Radiopt=0

Radiopt=0

Radiopt=1

¦¤Emm

-1060.0425

-1060.0425

-1060.0425

-1060.0425

-1060.0425

¦¤EPB

969.7617

978.3053

969.7617

969.7617

978.3053

¦¤ENpolar

-7.5509

-51.5872

-51.5872

¦¤Edisper

107.2185

102.4891

¦¤Sentropy

-42.0761

-42.0761

-42.0761

-42.0761

-42.0761

¦¤Gbinding (no ¦¤S)

-90.2807

-81.7371

-97.8316

-34.6494

-30.8353

¦¤Gbinding (¦¤S)

-48.2047

-39.662

-55.7555

7.4267

11.2409

   Actually, we can see that the binding eneries with entropy effect are differents  with regulating the parameters.
   The default parameter result of amber16 is 11.2409 kcal/mol withinp =2 and radiopt=1,while the binding free energy is -55.7555 kcal/mol with inp =1 and radiopt=0. Which result i can trusted and used ?
   So I am  very confused of this default parameter result with taking depersion energy into account. And what is the favor of parameter of inp =2 comparing to inp=1.
I really hope to hear from you as soon as possible!
Best Wishes
Fangjia Fu