[AMBER] Solvate with methanol and acetone using free energy methods?

From: Defrese, Matthew <matthew.defrese.uky.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:27:31 +0000

Hello,

We are looking to model a system consisting of ligand binding to a synthetic polymer in varying solvent conditions such as water, acetone, methanol and their mixtures. Is there a straightforward way of solvating a box with these types of solvents in AMBER? We have seen that we can solvate with pure methanol, though not for acetone or their mixtures with water.

Is setting up and running free energy calculations in AMBER similar or equivalent to NAMD in terms of user friendliness?

Thank you for any assistance,

- Matt Defrese

Graduate Student, Marsac Lab, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences

College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky