[AMBER] Metal parameters method

From: Fabian Glaser <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 18:09:27 +0200

Dear amber experts,

I am willing to run MD for a protein gyrase, pdb 2xkk, which has four MG+2
atoms in the catalytic center coordinated by 2 waters and asp acids. I
notice that in the advanced tutorial 20 there is a bonded and a non-bonded
methodology to obtain metal parameters, prepare a lib, etc, which one I
should use for Mg+2 ??

Additionally, to make things more complicated, I am docking a cyclen-Cu(II)
based ligands on this target, which also I would then like to run MD on the
docked complex. I will need also to parametrize the ligand Cu+2 bonded to
this ligand.

So the same question here, how should I prepare the Cu+2 and Mg ions in
this case??

Any comments, pointers or ideas or source of information will be more than
appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

*Best,FabianFabian Glaser PhDHead of the Structural Bioinformatics
section Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKUThe Lorry I.
Lokey Interdisciplinary Center for Life Sciences and EngineeringTechnion -
Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, IsraelWeb http://bku.technion.ac.il/
<http://bku.technion.ac.il/>Tel +972 (0) 4 8293701*