[AMBER] metal parameters

From: Fabian Glaser <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:00:06 +0200

Dear amber experts,

OK, so here comes one that may trivial for most, but not for me…

I am willing to run MD for a protein gyrase, pdb 2xkk, which has four MG+2 atoms in the catalytic center surrounded by water and asp acids. I notice that in the advanced tutorial 20 there is a bonded and a non-bonded model methodology, which one I should use for Mg+2 ??

Additionally, to make things more complicated, I am using a cyclen-Cu(II) system ligand based for docking on this target, which also I would like to run MD on the docked complex, so I will need also to parametrize the ligand Cu+2 bonded to this ligand. So the same question here, how should I prepare the Cu+2 in this case??

And comments, pointers or ideas or source of information will be more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Fabian

Fabian Glaser PhD

Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section
Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU
The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Web http://bku.technion.ac.il/
Tel +972 (0) 4 8293701