Re: [AMBER] Amber force-filed parameters for amino-acid side chain analogues

From: mish <smncbr.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 12:00:29 +0000

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. The latest paper I saw was from 2006 or
2007, so, yes a bit old.

Calculating RESP charges look systematic but I was just afraid about the
change of charge in protein-side chain part. I thought it makes sense to
keep the side-chain part exactly same as in AMBER14 force-field and just to
change it on Cb. This is going to affect some properties but the
interaction of side-chain part with my small molecules may not be affected
much and I can still keep parameters closer to native AMBER force-field.
Cased where small molecule will be interacting closely to Cb will
definitely need some attention!

I just felt that I have fewer emails from Amber mailing list in the last
few days and then check the archive. For some reasons, I didn't receive
Pratul's response to my query but there was one in archive:

Mish,
Are the papers you found recent? The approach of manual adjustment of
charges was common more than a decade ago, when it was computing intensive
to compute charges. Now, you can use Antechamber. It may also not be a bad
idea to use "resp" to calculate the charges, one could argue that this
would be a more systematic way.
Pratul

Best,
Mish