Re: [AMBER] Interpreting MM-(GB)PBSA results

From: Wesley Michael Botello-Smith <wmsmith.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 10:41:07 -0800

You can use center of mass restraints (either via nmropt or nfe COLVAR
module) to restrain the ligand in the binding pocket.
I do not know how the COLVAR method gets factored in, if at all, into the
energy terms. From experience, it does not seem to show up under the
restraint term in the output file. However, the nmr opt restraint energy
does get reported there. I do not know if this means it will also be
included in the MMPB/MMGB output, you would have to run a test to see. In
either case, however, you can easily caluclate the restraint energy based
on the center of mass distances in the trajectory, or in the appropriate
restraint / colvar output file (if you specify one in the input setting)