Re: [AMBER] Axis of a helix as a collective variable

From: Pratul Agarwal <pratul.agarwal-lab.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 20:23:53 +0000

You will have to define your own collective variable based on what you are trying to accomplish. The other messages in thread gave you some good pointers about helix axis definition and using center of mass of atoms to define the angle between two helices.

Practically speaking, you will have to use "nmropt" keyword if you want to define angle between center-of-mass of groups of atoms and apply restraints for umbrella sampling.

Pratul K. Agarwal, Ph.D.
(Editorial Board Member: PLoS ONE, Microbial Cell Factories)
Web: http://www.agarwal-lab.org/