Re: [AMBER] Problems modifing box lengths in a .rst file.

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 13:59:54 -0500

Hi,

I suspect your restart file was written as an Amber ASCII coordinate
trajectory (check the output from cpptraj to confirm this). For output
trajectories cpptraj will use the filename extension to determine the
desired format when no format keyword is present; the recognized
format extension for Amber ASCII restart files is '.rst7', not '.rst'.
To force writing as an Amber ASCII restart specify 'restart', e.g.

trajout New_2NPT.rst restart

Hope this helps,

-Dan