[AMBER] Problems with installation on Mac with Mojave. (cpptraj??)

From: Margarita I. Bernal-Uruchurtu <mabel.uaem.mx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 12:18:10 +0100

Hi,

I've been following suggestions exchanged by Andrew Schaub and Gustav
Olsson for installing Ambertools18 on Mac with Mojave.

After commenting some lines and modifying the libstdc++ for libc++ in the
suggested places, I got the next error message:

  Testing C++11 support: OK
  Testing clang C++/Fortran linking: ./configure: line 321: 68585
Segmentation fault: 11 ./testp > /dev/null

Program failed, compiled with: clang++ -o testp testc.o testf.o
-lgfortran -stdlib=libc++ -L/usr/lib/

The ccptraj_config.log doesn't help:

 amber18 mabel$ more AmberTools/src/cpptraj_config.log
  fftw3 enabled.
  fftw3 specified: /Users/mabel/WORK/amber18/
  sanderlib specified: /Users/mabel/WORK/amber18/
  netcdf specified: /Users/mabel/WORK/amber18/
  arpack specified: /Users/mabel/WORK/amber18/
  Testing C++11 support: OK

  Testing clang C++/Fortran linking: ./configure: line 321: 41308
Segmentation fault: 11 ./testp > /dev/null
Program failed, compiled with: clang++ -o testp testc.o testf.o
-lgfortran -stdlib=libc++ -L/usr/lib/

The problem seems to be with cpptraj and I previously read a comment in
the forum about some warnings. Indeed, there're a couple of them related
with libraries:

warning: URGENT: building for OSX, but linking against dylib
(/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib) built for (unknown). Note: This will be an error
in the future.

Detected 64 bit operating system.

ld: warning: URGENT: building for OSX, but linking against dylib
(/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib) built for (unknown). Note: This will be an error
in the future.

I guess they might be related with the failure in compiling.

I'd very much appreciate your help.

Best,

MBernal

Science is built with facts as a house is with stones, but a collection of
facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house. - Henri
Poincaré