Re: [AMBER] Minimisation and periodic boundaries.

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 15:21:16 -0500

Hi,

If you have periodic boundary conditions you should be setting ntb,
and if you are dealing with a membrane system you likely want ntb = 2
(along with a barostat) for constant pressure. Also, if you're using
CHARMM parameters in Amber you need to make sure that your cutoffs and
things like force switch (fswitch) are appropriately set - I'm not
sure if CHARMM-GUI sets these things or not. Also note that if you're
using CHARMM residue and atom names you need the following to ensure
SHAKE works properly:

WATNAM = 'TIP3', OWTNM = 'OH2',

Hope this helps,

-Dan