Re: [AMBER] RMSD vs RMSF

From: Elvis Martis <elvis.martis.bcp.edu.in>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 04:51:24 +0000

Hi,
I guess you may want to look at root mean square fluctuations (rmsf) of the backbone atoms using different solvents, you should be using the "atomicfluct" command with atom masks that define backbone atoms as ".C,CA,O,H,N" and using a flag "byres" which gives the atomicfluct by the residue number.
The rmsd will tell you how the system has moved with time with respect to the reference frame.
the commands should be as follows"
loadparm xyz.prmtop
reference xyz.inpcrd
autoimage
rms backbone :1.CA,C,N,O,H out bb.agr ref
atomicfluct out rmsf.agr :1.CA,C,N,O,H byres

Hope this helps

Best Regards
Elvis A F Martis
Molecular Simulations Group,