[AMBER] Minimisation and periodic boundaries.

From: Stejskal, Lenka <lenka.stejskal.15.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 17:56:30 +0000

Dear Amber users,

I always perform minimisation using the ntb=1 and therefore with periodic boundary under constant volume.

I am attempting to simulate membrane protein now. I have generated membrane using CHARMM GUI and this is the minimisation control file that was generated for me by the software:

Minimization input file in explicit solvent
 &cntrl
    ! Minimization options
    imin=1, ! Turn on minimization
    maxcyc=5000, ! Maximum number of minimization cycles
    ncyc=2500, ! 100 steepest-descent steps, better for strained systems

    ! Potential energy function options
    cut=12.0, ! Nonbonded cutoff, in Angstroms
    fswitch=10.0, ! Force-based switching

    ! Control how often information is printed to the output file
    ntpr=100, ! Print energies every 100 steps
    ntxo=2, ! Write NetCDF format

    ! Restraint options
    ntr=1, ! Positional restraints for proteins, sugars, ligands, and lipid head groups
    nmropt=1, ! Dihedral restraints for sugars and lipids

    ! Set water atom/residue names for SETTLE recognition
    watnam='WAT', ! Water residues are named WAT
    owtnm='O', ! Water oxygens are named O
 /

 &ewald
    vdwmeth = 0,
 /

 &wt
    type='END'
 /
Protein posres
10.0
RES 1 227
END
Membrane posres
2.5
FIND
P * * POPC
SEARCH
RES 1 11740
END
END

DISANG=step6.0_minimization.rest
LISTIN=POUT
LISTOUT=POUT

The ntb is not set to 1. Can I proceed with this?

Thank you

L.