[AMBER] Combining GAFF and GLYCAM force fields to describe a non-natural sugar

From: José Daniel Martinez <jmartinez.cicbiogune.es>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 16:50:38 +0000

Center of Excellence Severo Ochoa (2017-2021)

All information and attachments included in this email are confidential and intended for the original recipient only. You must not share any part of this message with any third party. If you have received this message by mistake, please reply to let us know immediately, so we can make sure such a mistake does not happen again and delete this message from your system. We have put our efforts into ensuring that this message is free of errors and viruses but, despite our efforts, you should always scan all emails for any threats with proper software, as the sender does not accept liability for any damage inflicted by viewing the content of this email. We also would like to inform that all personal data included in this email or in the attached documentation, could be processed by ASOCIACIÓN CENTRO DE INVESTIGACIÓN COOPERATIVA EN BIOCIENCIAS – CIC bioGUNE with the aim of managing the legal relationship between the parties. If you would like to access, modify or oppose to the treatment of your data, you can contact us in writing.

attached mail follows:

Hello to everyone,

I would like to 'properly' describe a trimannoside which is fluorinated at position 2 (the fluorine substitutes the OH) in each monomer. I know that the 'easiest' way of doing so is just by using GAFF... but in that case I would lose all the special sugar-related chemistry that is modeled in GLYCAM.

For that purpose, I thought of adding a .frcmod file to use in combination with GLYCAM force field. In such .frcmod file, I would include the necessary parameters from GAFF (gaff2.dat). I would like to combine both force fields, if possible, in order to keep the exo-anomeric effects modeled in GLYCAM while introducing the GAFF 'standard' parameters describing the C-F interaction 'environment'.

Reading the manual I realized that I would need to adapt probably lots of things for this not be a complete disaster...

Of course I know this would be a (very) rude simplification, but I just wanted to ask which will be your recommendation for approaching this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Dan.