Re: [AMBER] SMD free energy inferred from work

From: Ruth Helena Tichauer <rhtichau.laas.fr>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:16:10 +0200

Dear Feng,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Forgive my ignorance but, I’ve checked the manual as you suggested and yet I do not get how to *technically* calculate the average over the initial state. I understand that the exponential of the total work done has to be evaluated in order to get the values of W that dominate the PMF, but then, I don’t know how to calculate the average of this quantities over the initial state.. Could you please point me out some introductory books, lectures, papers, basic examples with which I could fill this knowledge gap I have?

It also says that one should use "different starting coordinates from an equilibrium simulation" hence I suppose the starting structure I have, obtained through a thorough minimisation process, is only useful for a single run, right?

Thank you in advance for your time,

Sincerely,

Ruth