Re: [AMBER] Contact Map

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:46:58 -0400

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 12:19 PM Sourav Purohit <sour000.gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The output contact map is a 93 X 93 matrix.
> > > As two masks are specified should we not get a 60 X 33 matrix as the
> > output?

The current behavior is the intended one, but that's not to say it is
the best. I originally wrote it that way to make the data set logic
simpler; what happens write now is that the final dimensions of the
contact map matrix are min(mask1, mask2) by max(mask1, mask2). This
makes the indexing easier, but for non-overlapping mask1 and mask2 it
creates a lot of empty entries. I'll open up a GitHub issue to remind
me to try and simplify output when mask1 and mask2 don't overlap.

-Dan