Re: [AMBER] CPPTRAJ issues parsing NETCDF RST file

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 08:46:59 -0400

Hi,

I'm almost certain that you're writing nvt10ns_ascii.rst as an Amber
ASCII trajectory, not a restart file; the recognized extension for
Amber ASCII restarts is '.rst7' (see section 29.9 in the Amber 18
manual or 'help trajout' in cpptraj). Cpptraj will let you know what
format it is writing under 'OUTPUT TRAJECTORIES'.

Also, if what you want to do is create a PDB containing only residue 1
you could just use cpptraj directly:

cpptraj -p *.prmtop -y nvt10ns.rst <<EOF
strip !:1
trajout pdb pdb
EOF

Hope this helps,