[AMBER] CPPTRAJ issues parsing NETCDF RST file

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 12:20:09 +0000

So, I am trying to make CPPTRAJ do something it was probably not intended to do in order to create input files for another piece of software.

This is the command that I am attempting to execute:
   ambmask -p *.prmtop -c nvt10ns.rst -out pdb -find '(:1)’

When I am doing this on a simulation where both RST and CRD files are binary (NETCDF) I get this error:

   | New format PARM file being parsed.
   | Version = 1.000 Date = 01/30/18 Time = 11:33:27
   natom = 21616
   nres = 2149
   STOP error reading natom from inpcrd

When trying to do the same on a simulation that wrote the RST files in ASCII it works. Naively I though that a simple conversation a la:

   cpptraj -p *.prmtop -y nvt10ns.rst -x nvt10ns_ascii.rst

Would fix this however it did not. I do notice that there are slight differences, the ascii written RST file has the following first lines:

   default_name
   21616 0.1230000E+05

Whereas this information is missing in the converted file, along with what I am assuming is the box side angles on the last row.

So, I would prefer not having to manually edit all of the files I need to be able to perform the task at hand, can I somehow get this information included when converting formats so that I can get the expected output from ambmask?

Best regards
// Gustaf