Re: [AMBER] Heating error in complex

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 08:55:57 -0400

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018, sandeep singh wrote:

> I am using AMBER18 on Cuda enabled system.

Sorry if I missed earlier emails, but the following information would help:

1. What is in the mdout file? Does the error message occur before any energies
are printed? Have you run a short simulation with ntpr=1?

2. What happens when you run a short simulation (again with ntpr=1) on
the CPU version of pmemd?

> But i got this error:-
> an illegal memory access was encountered launching kernel kHLSkinTest.
> I have tried heating on CPU also, then also i got the same error.

I think it is impossible that you got the same error on the CPU version: the
"launching kernel" error is GPU-specific. Can you double check what happened
on the CPU?

...dac