Re: [AMBER] implement_revised_RNA_force_field_general rule?

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 11:57:49 -0400

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, Antonio Amber Carlesso wrote:

> We are trying to implement the revised Tan, Piana, Dirks and Shaw RNA force
> field in Amber
>
> *1. **Do the charges in the article table correspond to “Atom name”
> column or “atom type” in the .lib column?*

They are certainly atom names.

> *2. **Is the atom type between RNA and DNA redundant? If yes, do you
> have any idea how to distinguish between RNA and DNA?*

I think you have to treat this force field as being for RNA only.
Stated another way, figuring out how to simulate a mixed DNA/RNA system
with the Tan et al. RNA parameters would represent a major challenge.

....good luck....dac

p.s. don't forget to specify in your leaprc file the water and ion model
to be using. At a glance, the paper seems to use the TIP4P-D water
model and the CHARMM22 force field for ions. Hence, you will need to
make new Amber-format files for these species as well.