Re: [AMBER] Amber16 (with AmberToos16) install problems.

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 14:31:34 -0400

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018, Seibold, Steve Allan wrote:

> Error: The X11 libraries are not in the usual location !
>
> To fix this I found my lib64 and copied the whole thing into /usr/lib
> and then reran ./configure, but I got the above same error before the
> copying...So, I am not sure what to do now...Should I install xorg-dev
> as stated in Error output...?

Yes, you need to install xorg-dev, e.g.

   sudo apt-get install xorg-dev

See http://ambermd.org/Installation.php for other Ubuntu packages you
may need (i.e. if they are not already present on your machine.)

....dac

(Note that X11 is only needed for xleap; if you don't need that program,
using the -noX11 flag is another option.)