Re: [AMBER] psf from parmed

From: Stefano Guglielmo <stefano.guglielmo.unito.it>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 22:33:53 +0200

Dear Pengfei,
thanks for your message.
My question is related to the following issue: I have generated the
topoplogy of a system made by protein, ligand, membrane and water box using
ambertools (obviously fed with the appropriate amber ff's), but I would
like to use NAMD as MD engine; I ran the simulation properly using the NAMD
option "amber on" and amber topology provided by amber tools; I was
wondering if, after generating psf from amber topology with parmed, the psf
file can be used with NAMD coupled with a charmm ff (and which one) or
still with the option "amber on" or neither of two. The reason for all this
mess? Amber tools gave me a more reliable parameterization for the ligand,
but using NAMD and VMD with the psf I could use more selection options for
analysis.

I hope I didn't bore you
thanks
Stefano