Re: [AMBER] Analyzing Multidimensional REMD Simulations

From: Christina Bergonzo <cbergonzo.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 08:51:39 -0400

Hi,

I recommend looking at the Supporting Information of the following paper:
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct400862k

There are complete sample scripts for post-processing M-REMD trajectories.
What I think you are looking for is the 'ensemble' keyword, which will read
in, sort, and process ensembles of trajectories at the same time.
You set the path of the lowest numbered trajectory out of all of your
replicas (here I use file.000) and it will automatically search for the
rest of the files based on the numeric extension.

parm file.parmtop
ensemble rundir_1/file.mdcrd.000
ensemble rundir_2/file.mdcrd.000
...(usually I image and strip out waters here to decrease file size)
trajout output.mdcrd

The resulting output trajectories will be sorted by your two replica
dimensions as described in the Cpptraj logfile, and you will get all
combinations of dimensions.
If you *only* want to generate specific combinations of your 2 dimensions,
you can use the remdtraj and remdtrajidx keywords:

trajin rundir_1/file.mdcrd.000 remdtraj remdtrajidx 1,4 (where these match
the replica dimensions of interest)

I recommend reading the Cpptraj output closely so you can verify that it is
doing what you think it is doing, and you are getting the replica
dimensions you wanted.

-Christina