Re: [AMBER] trouble with pdb4amber

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 12:52:45 -0500

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018, Jennifer L. Muzyka wrote:

> We are working through the tutorials for AmberTools 17 found in the
> Amber 2017 manual. We get stuck on the one involving pdb4amber (page
> 200). When we use the command pdb4amber -i orig.pdb, -o new.pdb —reduce
> —dry, we get a message that says

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File “/opt/amber16/bin/pdb4amber”, line 6, in <module>
> from pdb4amber import pdb4amber
> ImportError: No module named pdb4amber

This indicates that your python installation is not correct for Amber.

1. Did you accept the offer to install miniconda when you configured
AmberTools? If not, what other choices did you make?

2. What is the first line of $AMBERHOME/bin/pdb4amber? (Note this file
just loads other python modules, which do the real work.)

...thx...dac