[AMBER] amber coordinates in VMD

From: Stefano Guglielmo <stefano.guglielmo.unito.it>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 01:17:54 +0100

Dear AMBER users,
I generated topology and coordinates for a drug-like molecule using
Ambertools 16; all seems to have gone ok, but as I try to open prmtop and
prmcrd in VMD the geometry of the molecule is completely altered because
VMD reads the first number in prmcrd file (i.e. the number of atoms in the
molecule) as a coordinate: manually deleting the number solves the problem
of visualization. Is there a workaround different from manually deleting
the number of atoms in coord file? Or eventually is it possible to delete
the number without encountering any issues?
I am using VMD 1.9.3.
Thanks in advance
Stefano

--
Stefano GUGLIELMO PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicinal Chemistry