Re: [AMBER] Problem with MM-GBSA decomposition

From: Sergey Samsonov <sergey.samsonov.ug.edu.pl>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 09:05:20 +0200

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I tried 'check' command and didn't
have any warnings for those frames. Either in the output file or in the
pdb created from these frames there were no weird issues neither. Could
it be (although for other systems created in the same way everything
worked) that the problem is related to the fact that the ligand is a
branched oligosaccharide? It is the only thing I can think about... That
is the first time I'm doing MM-PBSA free energy decomposition for the
branched saccharides, so I don't know if there could be any potential
problems with them. An another thing I noticed is that although the
complex seems to be very stable in the MD simulation, the total energy
for the complexes, where decomposition didn't work, is 20-30 kcal/mol
(igb=2), whereas for the complexes, where it worked, it is also not
really favourable but at least is in the range of -5 - +5 kcal/mol. For
all of these complexes, I would expect quite nice negative energies
instead based on the way the trajectory looks, on the contacts formed
and on the experimental data (some complexes are taken directly from the
X-ray structures).

Cheers and thank you,

Sergey