Re: [AMBER] Problem with MM-GBSA decomposition

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 13:22:47 -0400

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:13 AM, Sergey Samsonov
<sergey.samsonov.ug.edu.pl> wrote:
> "/users/work/czarek/amber16/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MMPBSA_mods/amber_outputs.py",
> line 1536, in _get_next_term
> internal = float(line[11:20])
> ValueError: could not convert string to float: *********

I'm not certain, but it seems like maybe an energy value overflowed,
producing the asterisks. You can check the frames to see if you have
bad overlaps with the 'check' command from cpptraj (use the GitHub
version of cpptraj since it has a faster 'check' version).

-Dan