Re: [AMBER] An equilibration of the membrane protein prepared by charmm-gui

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 15:36:28 +0200

Thanks, Stéphane!

Yep, the Charm-gui protocol for AMBER (using Charmm params) also
proposes usage of Anisotropic scaling for equilibration and prod.runs.
Also Charm-gui proposes to use MC barostat (as opposed to Berendsen
which I am always using).

The questions -
1)Might the semi-anisotropic scaling with Berendsen thermostat (like
proposed in Tutorial) be more stable for the equilibration of the
membrane made via Lipid14 ?

2) Is it correct to turn off all restraints on the protein during
equilibration? I have noticed that membrane start to change its
dimensions just after I realize all restraints from the protein (or
apply only very weak on the side-chains).

Regards,

James