Re: [AMBER] An equilibration of the membrane protein prepared by charmm-gui

From: ABEL Stephane <Stephane.ABEL.cea.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 14:28:23 +0000

Hi James,

In general I use the Berendsen barostat in my MD during the first stage of the equilibration stage since it more stable and then switch to MC barostat when the system is stable.

As I said, it is preferable to perform the equilibration stage in semisotropic pressure to obtain a well equilibrated system and switch to anisotropic pressur when you system is stable It is particularly if the initial configuration of the system is not really good ( CHARMM-GUI). Keep in mind that was initially create for doing simulations with CHARMM and not Amber.

> 2) Is it correct to turn off all restraints on the protein during equilibration?
Depend of the system. But in general I restrain the protein at the beginning of the equilibration stage and then remove the restrain, when your system seems to be well equilibrated and then redo an equilibration without restrain

HTH

Stephane